Monday, September 17, 2012

Nursery Design: Baby B's Nursery Plan

I think nurseries are my favorite rooms to design! Maybe because I love babies or maybe because I like to see nurseries that aren't all "baby". 
Why decorate a room that can't be used when the child is older?

When Caroline and I were talking, her only request was not too much pink. Other than that, I had free rein! 

Baby B's Nursery
My plan is for the walls to be white and the ceiling to be blue! It will be an added pop of color for baby B when she's laying in her crib.

I don't think you need to spend a ton of money to have a g great room. Many of the items we will be able to DIY.

Dresser 
with help from Ikea and O'verlays, we can achieve the same look  
 
Lamps
we can find some old lamps and do this to them
 
Curtains
I want wider stripes-sew (no pun intended:) we someone who knows how to can sew pink and white fabric together
 
Paintings
my mom is an artist so she can tackle those!  
Rabbit artwork 
Instead of using fabric, I think it would be a sweet touch if big sister Stella painted them!

I can't wait to see this nursery come together! 
I hope baby B will love it!

 If you need a little design inspiration, click here. I'll be happy to help!

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the colors! Not overly girly but still girly enough! I absolutely LOVE blue for a girl too. I wish I would have painted KP's room blue from the get-go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nurseries are so fun! I love all the items on this board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cute! I just got some antique book pages of cartoon characters for a nursery.. your ideas rock.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling plan, Fletcher! Love the dresser and lamp ideas!

    ReplyDelete