Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Making Our (new) House A Home

Happy 2014!

I've missed my blog friends! 

I'm ready to get back to blogging and reading!
 Man, it's been a while! Holidays are so busy...especially when you live 10 hours away. Thank goodness we don't have anymore holidays away. In fact, we only have 3 weeks left in Ohio. I can't wrap my head around it.


I'm a little late, but I'm sharing my goal for the year. Yes, goal. 


I just have one:


to make our house a home


I didn't do a very good job of that in this house. 
I never felt like we were home. 
I never felt like it was relaxing.
I never felt like it was inviting.
I never felt like it was cozy.


That's about to change people!  
I want to come home and feel relaxed. 
I want to go to bed in a peaceful bedroom.
I want to cook in a kitchen I love.
I want to feel at home.
And that's going to happen!


Here are a few pictures of our current home house from the MLS...




 Don't you love the curtain rods with no curtains? And the mancave sofa?
 A dining room table is so functional without any chairs:)


 We started renovating our kitchen 2 days before we found out that we were moving. Perfect timing huh? The glass cabinets are original. I'll have to find a before picture and do a post with sources.

You can see a before picture of this wall here. I'm loving the exposed brick!

The sort of finished deck...it's too cold to finish it now!

Well, that's the first floor of our house.


Here's to making our new house a home!

2 comments: