Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Dreaded Dining Room

Eric graduated in December and has  been renting a cute little brick house ever since. Don't get me wrong I love the house but there is a LOT to do to make it a home. If he had bought this house so much more would already be done but...you know how that goes. He'll be moving this summer so we he doesn't want to do too much.

Right now we eat in the living room or on the porch... as we do not have dining room chairs. Go figure. There is a big window that faces the street and I'm itching to add a dash of pretty to it.
 (in no way does the styling of the cabinet reflect my decorating style...we have limited NOWHERE to put stuff)

view from window

I am envisioning this space in 2 completely different ways.

I know I want drop cloth curtains on the window. We did this in the living room and they turned out great. Plus, you can't beat the price of a $10 curtain panel.




we made the curtain rod out of stuff from the hardware store.
Tutorial from The Brick Cottage


Idea 1:
I love the idea of potted plants inside of a house. I'm not sure why but I'm drawn to it. I want to place one on either side of the window. I think a fiddle fig tree or a citrus tree (pops of color) would look great.



                                        
 via


 via

thinking about putting these pretty babies in a pot like this:



Idea 2:
I love driving by a house and seeing a table with matching lamps showing through a window.  Call me crazy, but I do.

p.s. you have no clue how hard it is to find images of tables in front of windows...if you have any, send them my way

I would center a table in the window, stick a couple of pretty lamps and a bad boy full of these in the center. Don't even get me started on dough bowls and Japanese fishing floats (IN LOVE). I can't wait to go to Scotts this summer and snatch up a few lot.

 via


What do you think?



1 comment:

  1. I love the drop cloth curtains and you can't beat that $10 price tag. Your blog is too cute! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete