Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sink or Swim: The Great Island Debate

So we are supposed to close at the end of September. I can't wait to get my hands on this space and start making it a home!

 I can already envision the kitchen. 


Well, I envision many kitchens. 
That's the problem
I just can't decide.

I do, however, know that an island is in store. 
The kitchen needs more counter space.  
And with the shape, an Island is the perfect solution. 



There are a few dilemmas to discuss:

 The Shape/Focus

I was thinking about doing one of these "x" islands:
(source)
 in lighter colors of course

Then I saw this shape
(source) 
and my heart started palpitating...and I was smitten.

 Issue 1:

Open or Closed?

You see, we won't be having a sink or appliances in it.
It will just be extra counter space and seating.

Open


or


Closed?

Decisions, decisions...

Designing an island is a lot trickier than I thought. 
Need input ladies...

So which will it be? Do you have experience designing islands? 
What do you think the best option is?

No comments:

Post a Comment