Sunday, August 12, 2012

Thai Coconut Curry Soup

He hates it.
 I love it.

He's out of town? Problem solved.

It is out of this world good and I can't wait for you to try it yourself!

Oh, and the best part, it quick and super easy to make.


 Recipe adapted from here

2 Teaspoons of vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon of Thai red curry paste
3 cups of chicken stock (see notes)
1 14 oz can of light coconut milk
1 piece of ginger, peeled, about 2 inches
2 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
chopped vegetables of your choice
(in my case frozen green beans, canned bamboo shoots, carrots, bell peppers)
chopped fresh cilantro

heat oil over medium-high in soup pot
add curry paste and cook for a bit (make sure not to burn about 30 sec)
Add coconut milk, chicken stock and ginger
(I didn't have any stock so I used water and bullion cubes)
Bring to a boil
reduce heat
add chicken
cook until done
add vegetables
cook until done

Serve with rice (if you want, I usually eat it by itself)
 Garnish with lime juice and cilantro

It's that simple and soooo delish. I wish I had leftovers. 

Oh wait, Lindsey and I ate the whole pot! 

She's going to kill be but....

No comments:

Post a Comment