Wednesday, October 10, 2012

SBCGSA Grilled Cheese with Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

Can you guess what SBCGSA stands for? 

Don't scroll down!

Take a guess and leave it in a comment:)

Last night our meal was the bomb diggety. 

No Joke

I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to make this genius creation but boy, am I glad a did!



The Recipes:

Sourdough, Brie, Chicken and Granny Smith Apple Grilled Cheese

Ingredients:
2 slices sourdough bread
a few slices of brie
deli sliced buffalo chicken
granny smith apple, sliced thin
mayonnaise
Dijon mustard


Directions:
  •  heat pan over medium and spray with pam
  • coat once slice of bread in a little bit of mayo- (trust me)
  • put in pan to toast, flip once crusty
  • layer (in this order) brie, apples, chicken
  • cook on low until melted
  • take this layer and put it on a plate
  • coat another slice of bread and toast both sides
  • put on top of other layer 

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup 

I honestly don't have a recipe but I'll let you know what I did!

  • roast a butternut squash
  • caramalize a couple of onions
  • add red pepper flakes, and  a couple bay leaves
  • add a box of RR chicken stock
  • add squash
  • add some milk, fresh thyme, hot sauce, nutmeg
  • puree
  • S&P to taste
  •  add a dollop of greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, and nutmeg
Both delish and pretty easy. So do me a favor, make this tonight and let me know your thoughts. If you don't pin it asap, you'll be glad you did!

In other news, we're making some progress on the house. 
I wish 
some 
was 
A LOT 
 but it's not. 

More on that tomorrow! And I need help. We have a dilemma in the dining room!

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this, it looks delicious! I'm craving soup right now!

    ReplyDelete